In 2010, to celebrate my tenth year of a wonderful life on dialysis I sort of got in shape and canoed 225 miles with the Grand River Expedition 2010. It was an incredible journey that couldn't have happened without my family and many dear friends.

I have been on dialysis since 2001 and have used every form of dialysis currently available in search of the best outcome and the best life. I have done in-center hemodialysis, at home hemodialysis with a traditional dialysis machine, peritoneal dialysis and finally, NxStage's System One home hemodialysis machine. I have had two kidney transplants, one from my beautiful wife and another because a thoughtful motorcyclist had checked the donate organs line on his license. For me, the technology for a successful transplant does not exist for my disease. I remain open and optimistic about wearable and implantable artificial kidneys.

Since I started my first blog, Tasty Kidney Pie, in 2001, I have tried to, and hope to continue to, inspire dialysis patients and others living with chronic illnesses to get outdoors and live an active and fruitful life.

Since 2001, The Riverdudes, my National Kidney Foundation of Michigan Walk Team has raised $78,000.

I currently spend my time writing, raising my children, snuggling with my wife, getting outside and staying active, and hopefully inspiring others along the way.

Thank you

With your help we can exceed this year's goal of $5,000 for the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan. Thank you very much for your continued support. Erich



Sunday, March 21, 2010

Eight reasons why you want to be a Corporate Crew Sponsor





Thank you to The Hubbard Law Firm for their generous donation of $500.00 to the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan.  They are the first company to join our Paddling on Dialysis for Kidney Health Crew Sponsors.


For a donation of $500.00 or more a Crew Sponsor will get this wonderful recognition:


1.  Your logo and link on paddlingondialysisforkidneyhealth.blogspot.com/
2.  Your logo and link on the Facebook version of Paddling on Dialysis for Kidney Health
3.  A shout out on the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan Facebook page
4.  Your logo and name on the back of my super cool Paddling on Dialysis Crew T-Shirts and a shirt.
5.  Your name on the Paddling on Dialysis for Kidney Health Secure Fundraising Page


and,


6.  Your company's logo and name on my kayak skin that Bluefish Advertising will be making for me.  That is right, just like NASCAR.  Every time I put the boat on my car to take it to the water, your logo will be seen throughout Michigan.  Each night during the Grand River Expedition 2010 when I take the boat out of the water, your logo will be seen by local government officials and an engaged public.


But there is more.


7.  You will get the satisfaction that you are sending a child on dialysis or with a transplant to summer camp.  The satisfaction that you are helping to research cures for this incredibly debilitating illness.  The satisfaction that you are educating your friends and neighbors on how to keep their kidneys healthy for a lifetime.


And, 


8.  You will receive my unending gratitude and I'll be your friend for life.


Once again, thank you The Hubbard Law Firm.  Please consider joining them as Crew Sponsors of Paddling on Dialysis for Kidney Health.


Dialyze for the Prize!  Erich

No comments:

Post a Comment